Five things this week:
- Pilates class on Monday night. This was not how I expected a Pilates class to be like, since it was my first time. I thought it would be more like Yoga, and indeed there were some Yoga poses in there (which weren’t explained so if I hadn’t have done it before I’d have been stuck) but it was a bit strange! I am going to go to a few more until I make up my mind properly – not judging a book by it’s cover and all that!
- Tai Chi class yesterday. Again not what I expected – I thought it would be much slower and it was quite quick actually! I won’t be able to make it every Thursday, maybe one in two or three but I would like to do more of it, even if I was a bit wobbly and confused yesterday!
- Went into Waterstones yesterday after Tai Chi and came out with 2 books! One of them was The Fat of the Land by John Seymour, him of the self sufficiency fame. I read it in one go yesterday, because I am sad in the fact that I like reading about other people’s forays into keeping livestock and growing their own veg on a small holding. It was written in the early 60’s but is still a classic. It’s quite funny with the exchange rates – he managed to get a 25 year rent on a cottage and land for £25 a year! And when they mention cars and how difficult it is to get certain things, I just have to remember that it was 50 years ago now!
- Being inspired by the book I was reading yesterday, when my mother and I had tea at a local garden centre, I decided to carry on a tiny tradition of mine when I was a kid and teenager and that was to keep cacti. I have only ever had one at a time, so in a burst of impulse buying I bought 2 cacti and 2 little pots to put them in.
- If you know anything at all about politics in the UK, you will know that yesterday was the general election and I did my bit and voted. How very grown up of me!